MOTOBATT MPLX7U-P PRO LITHIUM BATTERY
Light Weight – Heavy Duty for Australian Conditions
Motobatt Lithium Motorcycle Batteries are a long-lasting, Light and Powerful replacement for your tired old Lead Acid Battery. Lithium batteries are cheaper to run over their lifetime as they last 2-4 times as many charge cycles as a lead acid battery, plus they are more resistant to vibrations and harsh road conditions. As Lithium batteries are on average 66% lighter than a Lead-Acid they will also help your bike Stop faster, Accelerate harder and change direction quicker!
SPECS OF MOTOBATT PRO LITHIUM MPLX7U-P:
- Dimensions – L 114 x W 70 x H 87 (mm)
- Cranking amps: 165 CCA
- Voltage: 12 Volts
- Capacity: 2.2 AH (Amp Hours)
- Weight: 0.49kg (1.08lbs)
- Fitment polarity: is Left Hand Negative.
KEY FEATURES OF MOTOBATT MOTORCYCLE LITHIUM BATTERIES:
- ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT: Motobatt Batteries are some of the lightest lithium motorcycle batteries on the market. Typically these Motobatt Lithium batteries are 1/3 of the weight of their lead-acid equivalent. In some cases, Motobatt Lithium Motorcycle Batteries can cut weight by up to 8kgs!
- LONGER LIFE: More than twice the lifecycles of lead/acid, due to a Battery Management system and chemical makeup.
- MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: Motobatt’s Pro lineup includes a built-in CBC (Cell Balancing Circuit) This means even if you have a charger or regulator fail on you the battery will be able to protect itself from both over and under voltage situations. Each Motobatt Lithium battery contains a unique CBC which always controls the charge/discharge of the cells, especially when experiencing unreliable current during use. Most other batteries only have their CBC in the charging system, this only provides proper control and balance when the unit is connected to a wall socket.
- LOW SELF-DISCHARGE: Motobatt Lithium Batteries do not self-discharge like Lead/Acid Batteries. They can hold a charge up to a year provided there are no Parasitic Drains (accessories that draw power when the bike is off, i.e. alarms, ECUs, GPS, heated grips, and other accessories the vehicle might have).
- DURABILITY: Our lithium batteries are shock and vibration resistant making them perfect for Racing, and other applications requiring a durable battery.
- MOUNTING: You can mount our battery in any orientation, there are no liquids to spill or drain out.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY SAFER BATTERY: No Acid or Heavy Metals such as Lead, Cadmium, or Mercury.
- Motobatt Lithium Motorcycle Batteries are listed as Watt-hour ratings. This is to comply with the United Nations regulations for transportation.
MAINTAINING YOUR MOTOBATT MPLX7U-P LITHIUM BATTERY:
- Your Motobatt lithium motorcycle MPLX7U-P battery should be fully charged when first installed and before an extended storage period, this will ensure the best battery performance. A Lithium-Ion specific trickle charger is recommended for long-term storage.
- Important: Lithium Batteries require a Lithium specific Charger and using non-lithium chargers will damage your Motobatt Lithium Battery and void the warranty. See our range of approved chargers.
- Motobatt MPLX7U-P are supplied with info sheets covering important information such as; Fitting instructions, How to Charge correctly, Best practices for Storing, Looking after your battery and Maintenance, Transportation information as well as Cautions & Warnings.
- Lithium Batteries must be stored at more than 10.2volts otherwise they may become defective, this is the importance of a trickle charger for long term storage.
Important: Lithium Motorcycle Batteries require a Lithium specific Charger and using non-lithium chargers will damage your battery and void warranty. See our range of approved chargers.
NOCO 12v & 6v Lithium Motorcycle Battery Chargers:
One of the most critical components to get right when you purchase a Lithium Motorcycle battery for the first time is the charger. As lithium batteries need to be charged in a specific way you can not use your standard battery charger. A must is to pick up one of our most powerful, highest-performing, energy-efficient, and compact chargers yet. The NOCO GENIUS range is a 6-volt and 12-volt battery charger and battery maintainer for Motorcycle, automotive, marine, and deep-cycle batteries, including Lithium-ion, flooded, gel, AGM, and maintenance-free batteries.
LITHIUM BATTERY FACTS:
- Construction: Lithium motorcycle batteries are LifePO4 batteries, most using prismatic (square) cells. They are the same or similar battery types as used in electric cars and now being deployed as solar storage systems such as the Tesla Power wall.
- Energy Density: A much higher energy density than Lead Acid means they can have a higher output at a lighter weight. They are usually about a third of the weight of the standard lead acid battery supplied as standard in almost every motorcycle.
- Longer Shelf Life: These batteries have a longer shelf life when not in use. Many batteries we buy have already been sitting on the shelf for some time so we are only getting a portion of their maximum capacity.
- More Charge Cycles: Motorcycle batteries are constantly being recharged, which reduces their life. Lithium LifePO4 batteries are able to be recharged a far larger number of times. This reduces their cost over the life of the battery even with the higher upfront cost for a superior product.
- Charge Speed: Just as lithium batteries can discharge quickly to output high Cranking amps when you start your bike, they can also be charged a lot quicker. Make sure you have the correct charger and DO NOT use a standard Lead Acid charger as it could cause irreparable damage.
PERFECT FOR CAFE RACER OR CUSTOM MOTORCYCLE BUILDS:
- Can be mounted in any orientation! The construction of a lithium battery means there are no acids or fluids to leak out if not mounted vertically. This means you can mount a lithium battery upside down, on its side, or upright! Allowing for easier installation and discrete placement on your build.
- Smaller size, same power: A reduction in size as above will allow you more options on where you want to mount the battery taking up less space.
- Weight Reduction: This is always a bonus on any motorcycle as it will increase acceleration, decrease breaking distance (Safety) and improve the agility of your bike.
Over-Charge protection will not protect from a faulty/old Voltage Regulator spiking Hi-Voltages to Battery. If you have a Pre-1990s Motorcycle replace your voltage regulator; it is over 25 years old and most likely broken by now.
Motobatt Lithium Motorcycle Batteries offers Fast $25 flat rate shipping Australia wide.
REPLACEMENT BATTERY FOR:
Motobatt MPLX7U-P. Lithium Motorcycle Battery Australia. Motobatt Batteries Australia. Lithium Battery Australia. Small Motorcycle Battery Australia. Motobatt Australia. Motorcycle Battery. Motobatt Lithium Ion. Custom Battery. Custom Motorcycle Battery Australia. Cafe Racer Battery Australia. Chopper Battery Australia.
Prefer an AGM battery over the Motobatt MPLX7U-P? Check out dyanvoltbatteries.com.au